The Slovak Academy of Sciences announces the call for submission of project proposals within the Program of Open Mobility. Its goal is to develop cooperation with institutions without a bilateral agreement with SAS. The call is open to applicants from all scientific fields without thematic limitation. The condition is an acceptance letter from the partner institution.
|11 April 2022||Announcement of the call for project proposals|
|14 June 2022||Deadline for submission of project proposals|
|September/October 2022||Completion of the assessment undertaken by external evaluators and the Commission for Foreign Relations on the Slovak side|
|November 2022||Approval by the Presidency of the SAS|
|December 2022||Announcement of results|
General conditions for the project proposal submission
- The duration of projects shall be of 2 years.
- The call is open for all disciplines.
- An invitation form from the future host institution (sample in the annex) is a necessary part of the application. No Academy of Sciences with which the SAS has already concluded a bilateral agreement (CNR, AV CR, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Romanian Academy of Sciences, Polish Academy of Sciences, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, MOST-Taiwan, or TȔBITAK) can be the host institution.
- The project proposals will be evaluated by two independent evaluators and the commission of international relations of the SAS. The final decision related to project funding is in the competence of SAS Presidency.
- A maximum of 7 (seven) two-year mobility projects shall be selected for funding.
- The maximum financial contribution shall be EUR 3,000 per project for one year (6 000 EUR for two years).
- In particular, the content of the project, its overall impact, the added value and reputation of the host institution, the possibility of further cooperation and the quality of the research group (inclusion of young researchers) will be assessed.
- Out of the whole team, at least 1/3 must be junior researchers or PhD students.
- A principal investigator must submit a project status report and a financial report for each year of the project duration.
- Project proposals in English must be completed and submitted within the stated deadline exclusively via the Intranet online application.
- To submit a project proposal, log in to the SAS Intranet – Standard rules, select Open Mobility and fill in a project proposal. It is important to attach the document „Acceptance letter “. After finishing your proposal, you shall forward it through your Intranet account to the Director of your SAS Institute for its approval. The Director shall approve your proposal. Once the project proposal is approved by the Director, it will be automatically sent to OMS Úrad SAV (Department of International Cooperation, Office of the SAS) via his/her Intranet account. Bear in mind that all project proposals must be submitted by the SAS Institute Directors by 14 June 2022.
- Follow the attached instructions to submit your project proposal.
PhDr. Ľudmila Dolná, PhD.
T: +421 2 57510 179